Penguin Awareness Day, and World Penguin Day:
Penguin Awareness Day in January, and World Penguin Day today are great opportunities to learn about and appreciate one of the few natives of Antarctica. On these days, spend a little time learning about them.... a pictorial book or Internet site is fun. You can also watch a documentary of these cute and popular, grounded birds.
These days are also a time to wear black and white---penguin colors. However, wearing a tuxedo in their honor is optional. It is also popular today to tell a penguin joke or two.Origin of Penguin Days:
World Penguin Day coincides with the annual northward migration of penguins. This happens each year on or around April 25th. Penguins do not fly. Rather, they walk, or waddle their way to and from.
It's also East Meets West Day.... time for a few introductions.
Many kinds of sports team hold annual East vs. West games. Most often, its held by high school sports teams. It does not have to be limited to sports teams. It could be any club or organization that holds competitions, and can be geographically separated into and east and west groups.
These special games usually serve a number of purposes, including:
- for charitable benefits
- Sports booster club
- to honor and/or showcase the best players of the season
Celebrate "East Meets West Day" by holding an East Meets West game or competition. Participate or attend one of these games, if possible.You are over the hill when:
1. You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.
2. You're sitting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes up and helps you cross your legs.
3. Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.
4. You tune into the easy listening station...on purpose.
5. You discover that your measurements are now small, medium and large...In that order.
6. You light the candles on your birthday cake and a group of campers form a circle and start singing Cumbaya.
7. You keep repeating yourself.
8. You start videotaping daytime game shows.
9. At the airport, they ask to check your bags...and you're not carrying any luggage.
10. You wonder why you waited so long to take up macramé.
Not So Totally Useless Fact
Bugs Bunny was the second cartoon character to receive a star on the
Hollywood Walk of Fame; the first was Mickey Mouse.Interesting FactsTigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
The muzzle of a lion is like a fingerprint - no two lions have the same pattern of whiskers.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.