May 7 - Today We're Celebrating.........
NATIONAL ROAST LEG OF LAMB DAY
Today is National Roast Leg of Lamb Day! People have been eating lamb for more than 10,000 years. During the Middle Ages, farmers learned that sheep were the most productive livestock. These animals supplied wool for clothing, skins for parchment, milk for butter and cheese, and hearty flavorful meat.
You can cook lamb a variety of different ways, but roasting is one of the most popular methods. This dish pairs beautifully with seasonings like rosemary, oregano, thyme, or lemon zest. For something extra special, make a stuffed leg of lamb or prepare a succulent sauce to serve on top!
To celebrate National Roast Leg of Lamb Day, cook up a traditional roast dinner tonight with lamb as the main course. Bon appétit!
National Tourism Day is a day for municipalities and tourism sites around the country to promote their area or region. Municipalities and entertainment venues big and small, use today to let people know about activities and events in their areas. They will often do so in a big way.
A great way to promote your area is to hold activities and events on this day. Ideally, make it a weekend, or a week-long celebration. Along with advertisements, offering discounts and other promotions will work well.
If you are a tourist venue, use this day to really spread the word on what you are all about. As a tourist, use today in search of a new, exciting, and interesting place to go. And, look for deals that may be offered today. Don't just browse and dream. Book your travel plans today!"If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people." – Virginia Woolf"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
- Vince LombardiWarning Signs of Inferior Cooking:
* Your family automatically heads for the table every time they hear a fire siren.
* Someone broke a tooth eating your homemade yogurt.
* You have some idea what "peas porridge in a pot nine days old" tastes like.
* When your son goes outside to make mud pies, the rest of the family grabs forks and follows him.
* Your kids' favorite drink is Alka-Seltzer.
* You have to buy 25 pounds of dog food twice a week for your toy poodle.
* Your kids get even with neighborhood bullies by inviting them to dinner.
* Your spouse refers to the smoke detector as "the oven timer."
* No matter what you do to it, the gravy still turns bright purple.PUNSWhat has four wheels and flies? A garbage truck.I've been to the dentist several times so I know the drill.
- Where did the king put his armies? In his sleevies.Why did Santa's little helper feel depressed? He had low elf esteemWhat goes "Ha, ha, ha, plop"? A man laughing his head off.Why don't cannibals eat clowns? Because they taste funny.I used to be a butler, but found the work wasn't my cup of tea.What does a spy do when he gets cold? He goes undercover.It was an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers.I used to be a tennis instructor, but it just wasn't my racket.What did the alien dandelion say to the Earth dandelion? "Take me to your weeder!"Why isn't whispering permitted in class? Because it's not aloud.
I used to work in a blanket factory, but it folded.